Benefits of the Beacon Zone
The Beacon Network Schools Innovation Zone will empower member schools with collective flexibilities and resources, supporting teachers and leaders to learn, grow and excel together and providing community ownership and involvement, in order to codify and sustain the Beacon Model to improve outcomes for all students.
What is an Innovation School?
Passed in 2008, the Innovation Schools Act provides a pathway for schools to develop practices to better meet the needs of individual students, allowing sites more autonomy to make decisions at the school-level. Innovation status must be approved by a local school board and the Colorado Department of Education through a multi-faceted application process.
GBMS’s innovation plan allows for:
- A more rigorous college prep curriculum,
- Blended learning with technology-based instruction, applications, and assessments,
- A system for frequently analyzing student data, and
- Research-based interventions that result in high growth and achievement.
With innovation status, Grant Beacon Middle School increases instructional time, continually reduces class sizes in reading, writing, and math, and provides ongiong professional development necessary to meet the needs of our diverse learners.
How We Succeed
- Culture Drives our Performance
- Growth Mindset Creates our Solutions
- Our Teams Lead Our Transformation
- Blended Learning is Our Path to Personalization
- Data Informs Our Instruction
- Social Emotional Learning Builds Our Character
- Rich and Varied Learning Experiences Motivate Us
Beacon Network Schools students will be among the highest in academic growth in the state, will be well-rounded in their interests and abilities, and will be recognized in the community for outstanding leadership.
Beacon Schools are committed to the high achievement and growth of every student, providing a college preparatory program of study that sets high expectations and requires critical thinking and problem solving skills. Through the integration of technology and collaborative work of students, staff, families, and community partners, BNS will bring together its neighborhoods’ diverse communities and prepare students with the academic knowledge and 21st century leadership skills necessary for college and career success.
—Hover Over to Reveal—
We foster Personalized Learning Environments where students own their education.
We relentlessly pursue improvement of our practice.
We are here for our students and each other.
We don’t just work, we have fun because we are valued.