Innovation Zone Advocacy
In the Zone Blog
Our zone, our schools, our educators, and our kids need your help.
Enriching Lives Fundraiser
Innovation In The Zone
Dear Beacon Families; More than a decade ago, together with our community, we created our innovative Beacon Schools model. Since our first innovation plan was implemented in 2012, we have provided thousands of students with a high-performing program that prepares them...
Beacon Schools are committed to the high achievement and growth of every student, providing a college preparatory program of study that sets high expectations and requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Through the integration of technology and collaborative work of students, staff, families, and community partners, BNS will bring together its neighborhoods’ diverse communities and prepare students with the academic knowledge and 21st century leadership skills necessary for college and career success.
- Culture Drives our Performance
- Growth Mindset Creates our Solutions
- Our Teams Lead Our Transformation Blended
Learning is Our Path to Personalization
- Data Informs Our Instruction
- Social Emotional Learning Builds Our Character
- Rich and Varied Learning Experiences Motivate Us
Our Theory in Action
If Beacon schools…
- …integrate and share resources and personnel
- …engage and empower community collaboration
- …create and replicate a successful model
- …increase financial resources and efficiencies
Then we will…
- …increase effectiveness of instruction and
retention of highly effective teachers
- …increase student achievement gains and
reduce opportunity gaps
- …increase college and career readiness and
prepare students to meet new graduation
- …increase resources and support for students
How do schools join the Beacon Zone?
- Schools have an approved school innovation plan
- Are aligned to the Beacon Mission and Vision
- Are commitment to personalized learning
- A desire to join a high performing network of innovation schools
- A will to contribute your expertise to make us all better.
- If interested, contact: email@example.com for an application
Benefits of Joining the Beacon Zone
Autonomy – Schools in the Zone work together to make key decisions that are best for students around curriculum, staffing, schedule, budget, and culture. School leaders can spend more time in their buildings on the most critical work to accelerate student growth and achievement.
Accountability – A common performance management system provides a shared definition of success for schools and holds them accountable for results. The Zone can provide accountability structures to keep the schools on target with their goals.
Support – Schools are supported by an ecosystem of services provided by Zone staff, outside partners, and the district. These supports help to ensure that schools are using autonomy well and have the resources needed to provide high quality educational experiences for students.
Community – The Zone structure increases community engagement and voice in decision-making through the
community-based nonprofit charged with oversight, support, and accountability for Zone schools.