In the Zone Blog
Our Theory in Action
If Beacon schools…
- …integrate and share resources and personnel
- …engage and empower community collaboration
- …create and replicate a successful model
- …increase financial resources and efficiencies
Then we will…
- …increase effectiveness of instruction and
retention of highly effective teachers
- …increase student achievement gains and
reduce opportunity gaps
- …increase college and career readiness and
prepare students to meet new graduation
- …increase resources and support for students
How do schools join the Beacon Zone?
- Schools have an approved school innovation plan
- Are aligned to the Beacon Mission and Vision
- Are commitment to personalized learning
- A desire to join a high performing network of innovation schools
- A will to contribute your expertise to make us all better.
- If interested, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application
Benefits of Joining the Beacon Zone
Autonomy – Schools in the Zone work together to make key decisions that are best for students around curriculum, staffing, schedule, budget, and culture. School leaders can spend more time in their buildings on the most critical work to accelerate student growth and achievement.
Accountability – A common performance management system provides a shared definition of success for schools and holds them accountable for results. The Zone can provide accountability structures to keep the schools on target with their goals.
Support – Schools are supported by an ecosystem of services provided by Zone staff, outside partners, and the district. These supports help to ensure that schools are using autonomy well and have the resources needed to provide high quality educational experiences for students.
Community – The Zone structure increases community engagement and voice in decision-making through the
community-based nonprofit charged with oversight, support, and accountability for Zone schools.